Saturday, April 30, 2011

Really?

Last week on the road I was reading this great book Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl. D Train was driving while the kids were sucked into a movie they have seen about a thousand times. The movie always seems more interesting when you are traveling 75mph down the road, viewing on a 7 inch screen and wearing headphones.

I had a moment when I put the book down and told D Train. "I'm going to start a blog!" You could have heard crickets chirping if he hadn't laughed out loud! Here is the deal. I love to cook. I love to eat. I love to travel. I love my husband. I love my kids. Why not put it all together?

Fast forward to the end of the weekend to Texas. We are eating at Chicken Express, which by the way is not so bad, D Train looks up after taking a bite of his fried chicken strip and says, "You would probably be skinnier if you weren't married to me." To which I reply, "I am happy to be married to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment